Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:33:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tony Li <tli@jnx.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dump, FreeBSD, and Solaris Interoperability

   > I'm currently running a mixed  network of systems running  Solaris
	2.5.1 x86
   > and FreeBSD 2.1.5. However, I find that dump/ufsdump are incompatible(not
   > really suprised). Has anyone had any success with sharing a single
	dumphost
   > in a heterogeneous environment ?

   Umm, it works fine for me using a Solaris 2.5 box and a FreeBSD 2.1.6.1
   box.

Works fine for me too.  As amanda itself doesn't look inside the dump, the
compatibility between the two formats isn't an issue.  You DO need to tweak
amandad for the Solaris hosts to run ufsdump, but this is pretty much a
no-brainer.

Tony