Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:26:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Bill Grunfelder <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMTP gateway clients

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, spork wrote:

> I remember we hacked it with two by having one default through the
> other...  It worked, but the one acting as the gateway for the other was
> not very happy...
>
> Please post your solution, as Annexes amuse me to no end.  They are such
> evil little boxes.  I've also heard (not a routing expert) that RIP v2
> updates on any change, which would solve the problem assuming the Annex
> can do v2...

They do rip2, but it doesnt apparently work.  One person sent me a
possible solution.  Using 1 class C for the annex ethernet cards, and the
static IPs so that the ethernet cards would proxy arp them.  Then another
class C for the dynamic ones assigned to modems, then static routes in
ones cisco to assist the world in finding the non-statics.

I think I will tell the 1 or 2 people who want smtp to buy uucp or hike.