Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:22:48 +0800
From:      Hwa Hing <hwahing@smartteam.net>
To:        David Kwan <david.kwan@isilon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP stack in FreeBSD poor performance in 100MB to Gigabit environment.

I also had such problem with FreeBSD-7 Stable-SMP with 4 port Intel
1GBit NIC em Driver and with Packet Filter, ALTQ enabled.

I tested with iperf from network a to network b. I found freebsd droping
packets and the transfer speed in routed mode is only 2 mbit/s compare
to linux router which able to forward the traffic at almost full speed.