Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        nigel@9fs.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wavelan driver and Windows 98

At Fri, 8 Jun 2001 it looks like nigel@9fs.org composed:

-->If I use the wavelan driver in adhoc mode,
-->and a Windows 98 laptop in "Peer to peer" mode,
-->is there any reason why they shouldn't communicate
-->when the ssids are the relevant settings (encryption,
-->ssid, channel) are the same?
-->

I have a triple boot laptop and for the life of me couldn't get
Windows_ME to use the software written for it that came with the
Orinoco Gold card. I think there was a hidden message to me there,
one thing was clear, my new laptop had not been rebooted so many
times in it's whole life as it had following the setup attempts of
that damm WindowsME.

Had no problem getting Linux and FreeBSD to use it.  FreeBSD was
the easiest of them all to setup.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)