Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:18:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Gentry <freebsd@hexdump.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@psn.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SecureBSD?

> That's just my personal opinion though, not any official position of
> the security officer or of FreeBSD, and may not in fact reflect
> reality if the documentation is inaccurate (someone told me there's
> more there which is, or was, undocumented). YMMV, of course..it's
> worth taking a look at to see whether it would be useful for you.

I looked at it recently, and while it isn't super-duper, I do remember
some of the stuff seeming useful for my purposes.  The real problem tho is
that SecureBSD 1.0 only supports FreeBSD 4.0.  I sent them an email and
they said that they were going to be soon supporting the 4.2 branch, but
haven't seen anything from them yet.

--
    Jeff Gentry  jester@hexdump.org  gentrj@hexdump.org
           SEX           DRUGS           UNIX