Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 2014 01:43:41 +0000
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gptboot: invalid backup GPT header

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 07:15:59AM -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> Clearing the last blocks will remove the warning, at least if the
> assumption is correct.  ZFS is not supposed to be using the last
> portion of the disk(*) to make replacing disks of slightly different
> sizes easier.  Still, I would back up either the whole array, the
> whole disk, or at least the last 33 blocks of mfid1 first.

Thanks for replying. So, in short - is my data on the array in any
danger, or is this just a cosmetic issue?

[I think the reason it happened is that during the install process,
where the installer asks you to choose partitions, I removed
*everything* from mfid1,2 & 3 as I knew zfs likes to deal with the raw
disk. I don't want to have to blat the system again though, unless
absolutely necessary].

--
John