Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 03:44:57 -0700
From:      "DrTebi" <drtebi@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   newsyslog question

Hi,
I am using newsyslog to rotate a log into which xinetd writes.
Since the new version of xinetd (2.3.3), it is not possible anymore to send
the "USR1" signal, which seems to be a problem for the rotation of the log
file.

My line in newsyslog.conf logs like this:
/var/log/sshlog    644    2    *    $W1D0    BZ    /var/run/xinetd.pid    30

After the sshlog files gets rotated, xinetd does not log anything into it
anymore (which it did with the older version of xinetd).

Can anybody help me out please? What would I have to replace the signal 30
with?

Thanks,
DrTebi