Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:41:03 +0100
From:      Marian Hettwer <mh@kernel32.de>
To:        Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu>
Cc:        artur@eboundhost.com, FreeBSD chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: who wrote this

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:04:11 -0600, Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu> wrote:
> Written by eBoundHost: Artur on 11/26/07 10:05>>
>> This has nothing to do with anything that I'm saying.  Listen, my
>> grandmother also has some interesting things to say but you don't put
>> her name on the front page of the Fortune program because it's not
>> appropriate. Same thing here.  Just not an appropriate forum.
>
> I can understand your point that you'd like the reference to be less
> specific ("don't put something in the offensive list because you find
> the source offensive"), but at this point the motivation still seems to
> be "I'm scared of reading 'Hitler'", and because of that I am opposed to
> changing the page. Quite frankly, the man's been dead for over fifty
> years. I think we can safely mention his name with reasonable assurance
> that he won't jump out of a dark alley and boogeyman us to death.

This thread really has nothing to do with being scared of reading 'Hitler'.
The point is that folks could visit FreeBSD's website, reading "ah, so Hitler is not offensive". Some folks would agree, some would disagree. Why would you like to polarize in the first place?
Second point is, that Hitler is a politicial historical person. FreeBSD has nothing to do with politics or history, so come on and delete that bloody name of the website.
It can't be that hard, eh?

Regards,
Marian