Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 09:32:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   gtk2 port make wierdness :-(

	I am still trying to make gnome on my 3-STABLE laptop. I finally traced
	down the compile fialure to imlib's failure to proerly compile, amnd
	install. It did register itself as installed even though it failed the
	build process :-(

	Now the problem with it seems to be related to gtk2, so I tried to
	rebuild it, but that failed in a really strange way:

Script started on Sun May  9 09:23:21 1999
\n\nWARNING:  YOU ARE SUPERUSER !!\n
]0;root@brown.fas.com;/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12root@brown.fas.com:/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12
$ make install
Error: you don't have the right version of perl in /usr/bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
]0;root@brown.fas.com;/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12root@brown.fas.com:/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12
$ perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for i386-freebsd

Copyright 1987-1998, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

]0;root@brown.fas.com;/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12root@brown.fas.com:/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12
$

Script done on Sun May  9 09:23:43 1999