Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:32:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        gclarkii@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changes to the handbook

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> If  it can be  done easily,  why not.  As it  refer for some  things to the
> handbook by way of links, it would be easier to print and distribute.

It can be done easily, but separating it back out will require some
adjustments to the cross referencing mechanism.  Namely, internal
references will have to become external (i.e. URL) references when the
FAQ is generated as a stand-alone document.  Actually, now that I think
about it, the change to sgmlfmt should be trivial.

> I still think it's  too big for  the handbook... The  handbook is what, 300
> pages ? That would add at least 40 pages...

Then again, I'd say the typical size for most software handbooks on the
market here in the states is closer to 500 pages.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============