Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:29:13 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
To:        "Tom Samplonius" <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: transmit underflow.

Thanks a lot Tom.

I didn't know you could implement vland on a single card.

I suspect that the amount I am carying on this router could be run through
two quality 100megabit cards.

When you say multiple vlans on a single interface, do you just mean adding
aliases to the cards ifconfig to handle multiple subnets?  If that's the
case, I'm already doing so.

We're a wireless isp, and I've been trying to reduce the number of arp
broadcasts that go down a physical wireless segment to keep the radio's
happy (hence the large number of physically separate ports.

What's the preference for multiport cards out there now?

I've got two adaptec quartet64 (ana--62044) 4 port cards on the shelf.
Freebsd didn't seem to like them on the motherboard I was trying to use (32
bit i think) even though they say they will work fine at 32 bit.

Thanks again

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net