Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 15:54:47 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on c|Net

At 09:28 AM 5/27/99 -0600, you wrote:
>So which operating system did their "pseudo-scientific personality quiz"
>come up with for you?  Mine was, surprisingly enough, FreeBSD.  ;^)
>
>Be honest.

I certainly ended up with FreeBSD - "You're the do-it-yourself kind of
person!".. not surprising, since I take the initiative to learn as much as
I can about FreeBSD. :)

Although I do object to the "do-it-yourself" conclusion that c|net takes in
regards to FreeBSD... the Ports collection is rather easy to install, and
every port/package is easy to manage.. the OS itself.. easy to install..
where's the do-it-yourself stuff? ;)

Nevertheless, I'm glad they chose FreeBSD over other myopic choices, such
as *cough* Solaris. They should have mentioned PicoBSD for the "small
computing" idea, though.. =>

Advocate!

--
Will Andrews <wca@gatekeep.net>
System Administrator, Gatekeeper Technologies