Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:48:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Shaun Finn <sfinn@thecore.com>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: user time stats

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Steve wrote:
> This isnt directly related to freebsd and I apologize.
>
> Do any of you have any stat scripts for pulling usage by user from annex
> acp logs?

Check out:

ftp://ftp.thecore.com/pub/unix/acp_logtime.c

This is a simple C program I wrote as a prototype for a similiar
program with a web interface for my dial-in users. They can now
see how much time they have *wasted* on the Net ;)

I never packaged this so there is no Makefile, but a generic:

cc -o acp_logfile acp_logfile.c

should do the trick. Once compiled, the program takes one command
line argument for the username to total. The program also flags
multiple logins which works well if your logfile isn't missing
any important logout entries ;)

Let me know if it is useful to you.

| Shaun M. Finn                    TechnoCore Communications, Inc. |
| sfinn@thecore.com                P.O. Box 106                    |
| (908)928-7400 FAX:(908)928-7402  Jackson, NJ 08527-0106          |