Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:56:18 -1000 (GMT+10)
From:      Justin Harvey <jbh@netpci.com>
To:        Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stupid question no 10101

Or, yet another alternative is to use NIS, I know you said it was
insecure but you need to define 'insecue'.  I bet it would be more secure
than whatever kind of password exchanging mechanism you're thining of
programming.

NIS isn't exactly 'insecure', IMO I think it's had a bad rap due to
people misconfiguring it.  You can also configure NIS to share files that
are not defaulted with the package.

Justin