Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:14:23 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One thing linux does better than FreeBSD...

Jamie Walker writes:
> Tony Finch wrote:
>
> > At a lot of conferences I have been to recently those daemon horns
> > have been more visible than penguins because they have been on most
> > people's heads. This is thoroughly cool, plus it freaked out Douglas
> > Adams.
>
> And it has to be said, the daemon is much cuter than the penguin :-)

Its the green tennis shoes. If you are wearing horns the outfit isn't
complete without green shoes. I painted an old pair of shoes green for
Halloween and got more notice for the shoes than anything. One had to
look closely to see I had painted them.

If BSDi doesn't, they should issue green shoes to all their
representatives at shows. "Oh, You're Red Hat Software? Big deal, we're
Green Shoes."

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net