Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:03:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@elite.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   LCD panel/buttons

I am working on an embedded system and was curious what people commonly
use for an LCD display and button panel.  Whistle (whistle.com) seems to
have a good setup and uses FreeBSD.  I've also looked at the USB stuff
(ActiveWireInc.com) and it's a bit pricey for per-unit volume.  Any
suggestions?  I need probably two lines of 20 characters, alphanumeric.

Also, we hope to add an IR remote.  I was looking at the keyspan.com USB
unit that maps IR to keystrokes.  This seems like a good thing but it's
also a bit pricey.  Has anyone used the IR port on PC motherboards to
have a universal remote device for FreeBSD?  Any other suggestions would
be great.

Thanks,
Nate