Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:36:39 +0200
From:      Oliver Schonefeld <oschonef@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        Arnout Boer <arnout.boer@cmg.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get Xircom combi Ethernet 10/100+ Modem56k working

Hi There!

Eines schoenen Tages schrieb Arnout Boer:
[snippael]
> The big problem is my Xircom combi card.
> It is recognised but I got the following errors:
>
> pccardd[50]: Card "Xircom" ("Creditcard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
> [CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom" ("Creditcard ethernet")
> [(null)][(null)]
[snipael]

I "solved" this problem with creating my own pccardd.conf in /etc which
contains only irq-resource line and the card definitions for the xe driver.
with that, i get the xe driver to recognize the card.
Unfortunatly i did not manage to get the modem running. When fiddling around
with the definitions i got the modem recognizes as sio2 with a wrong fifo
chipset. no ethernet part and when trying to acces the serial port the
machine just locks up :(
If you would like to have my /etc/pccardd.conf, let me know.

Regards,
Oliver
And remember: "To Infinity And Far Beyond ... Somehow?!"

email: oschonef@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
       olli@psychopathen.org