Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:59:58 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su, wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: emacs + NIS + free() == ????

>Select man page have slightly wrong information about expanding
>default 256 limit. I just commit manpage with proper description.

The FD_SETSIZE hack is a good reason for fixing the inclusion of
<sys/types.h> by other headers.  The following headers include it:

	a.out.h, curses.h, db.h, fcntl.h, histedit.h,
	pcap.h, pwd.h, resolv.h,
	signal.h (fixed in my version),
	stdio.h (fixed in my version),
	unistd.h
	sys/fcntl.h, param.h, sys/resource.h,
	sys/scsiio.h, sys/wait.h

So the select manpage should say that FD_SETSIZE must be defined before
the inclusion of _any_ header if a different value is required.

Bruce