Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:38:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gavin@itworks.com.au
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest wi0 crashes with stable

In message: <075b01c246a6$15c199c0$6401a8c0@bugs>
            "Gavin Cameron" <gavin@itworks.com.au> writes:
: >
: > OK.  Try rolling forward just the wi_hostap.* changes and let me know
: > if that changes anything.  If not, then roll forward the .h changes.
: > If not, then roll forward if_wi.c.  That should be safe, but lemme
: > know if it isn't.
:
:
: Rolling forward wi_hostap.* causes no errors.
: Rolling forward *.h causes no errors.
:
: It's if_wi.c that causes the problem. The interface dies after
: transferring a couple of MBytes.

Good information!  I'll see about a small patch to see if that
helps/hurts things for you.

: > : Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do or if you
: > : need more info.
: >
: > This is great information.  We're getting close.
: >
: > Are you bridging, and if so how?
: >
: Nope... no bridging.

OK.  You aren't by chance running dhclient on the wi0 interface are
you?

Warner