Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 13:06:14 +0200
From:      Remco Moolenaar <remco@scc.nl>
To:        database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle8...

Daniel Haischt wrote:

> To be honest I just found why Apache/PHP with oracle support wont compile.
> Regarding to my last compiler output (as attachement to this mail) I'm sure
> Oracle libs which can be found under $ORACLE_HOME/lib aren't
> compatibel to standart linux emulation (linux_lib 2.6).

I'm able to compile programs with Oracle support included, like the OCI-demos, ApplixWare interface for Oracle, own Oracle web listener......
The trick is this: use the URL http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~mhmoolen/howto-oracle.html to install the Oracle software. Use the created Oracle DBA user to compile the programs (using the emulated Linux bash shell).
This will create a Linux ELF binary (static or dynamic) which is executable.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/