Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:06:09 +0900
From:      Tamotsu HATTORI <athlete@kta.att.ne.jp>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, arch@freebsd.org, audit@freebsd.org, iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR: Crusoe LongRun Support

Hi.

Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:59:15 -0500 "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net> wrote:

Michael> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 03:14:47AM +0900, Mitsuru IWASAKI scribbled:
Michael> | > I would like to see something like longrun(4) which described the sysctls
Michael> | > and indicated what each longrun level actually means.
Michael> |
Michael> | OK, understood.  I've written longrun(4) manpage.  As always my English
Michael> | is poor, any feedback is welcome :-)
Michael>
Michael> Here is your original file and the diff I made.  Hope you will like
Michael> this better. :)
Michael>

I think we had better remove the expression of "no power saving" from the following line:
To set the LongRun mode to performance oriented variable frequency mode (no power saving).

Because processor will spend many time with lower frequency when it works in variable
frequency mode, power dissipation will be reduced.

How do you think?