Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 1995 04:18:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        root@io.cts.com (Morgan Davis)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding Web Browser Components

> The components I'm missing are tools to play sounds and videos.  Can
> anyone point me in the right direction for fortifying my FreeBSD box
> with the best au format sound player and MPEG video viewer?  And, how
> does one configure those .*cap files in your home directory to point
> to them?

Netscape and Mosaic both look for "mpeg_play" to play mpegs already.

Mosaic will play .au files directly if you have a /dev/audio. I don't
know about Netscape.

> Finally, is there a QuickTime video player the runs under FreeBSD?

*supposedly* the latest Xanim will handle this. See the Xanim home page

http://www.portal.com/~podlipec/home.html

for more info. I haven't had time to build up the new Xanim yet.