Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:58:28 +0200
From:      "Jose Meredith" <meredithjt@ialien.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is there anyway to record Root's keystrokes

I've been thinking about how to try and make a box more secure, and one of the things on my wish list would be to be able to record
all the command line inputs of any root shells. I know that this should actually be the job of the shell, but I can't find out how
to have them do this.

The other work around would be to recompile the kernel with the snp device enabled, and everytime someone logins in etc., snoop
their interaction with the machine. The problem with this, is that one would have a lot of data coming in, as well as you would be
getting normal user stuff. I would only like the system to log everything it does as root etc.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance
  Bob