Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:55:55 +0200
From:      "Marcel.lautenbach" <freebsd@xtsy.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   where is my pipe :-(

hi folks,

well, first of all, i got my first problem solved. changing the
hot-keys in vmware gave me the ability to switch with CRT-ALT-F(x)
between my virtual display, except when i am in an xdm session.

but now i have something strange again. i have my kde-desktop running
and i am in an xterm or konsole session.

well, trying s.th. like printenv | sort didn't work. well, technically
it worked, but i don't get my "|" signe typed in. when i change to my
bare console on tt2 for instance i have not problems typing in the
command above. but typing a | in a window running xterm or konsole
within the k-desktop didn't work.

actually it seems that my <>| key does not function. but, i have
changed my keyboard-layout in an xfree-config progress and even in
kde, but i don't get it :-(

maybe s.o. can help? for furhter information: i am using a german
keyboard layout.

thanks

Marcel

--