Date:      20 Apr 1998 16:56:01 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

"David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com> writes:
> > www.findmail.com has offered to archive the lists.  They have all the
> > databases and stuff needed, and I'd guess they also could take the old
> > message log.
>
> Yes we have all the old mailing list traffic archived on
> hub:/home/mail/archive.

www.findmail.com has a nice user interface. But some things
annoyed me:

- findmail provide only 9 from 32 (?) FreeBSD mailing lists
- findmail search by default only in the last 500 messages, thats
  less than one week of freebsd-hackers traffic. The truth is in
  the old emails ;-)

findmail.com is an good alternative, but not a replacement for our own
mailing list archive. The mailing list archive is a major part of the
FreeBSD Web Server. We should not give up control of this service.
May be Microsoft will buy www.findmail.com? Microsoft bought so many
Internet companies, why not findmail.com?

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org> http://www.freebsd.org/~wosch/