Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:41:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ryans@gamersimpact.com
Subject:   Re: Window/File Manager

Ryan -

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Jud wrote:

> [...]

I have an anaemic Cyrix/166 box which started with only 16 MBy. FreeBSD's
default WM just thrashed - half a minute to see results of any action!

> What are your favorite ultra-light WM's and/or FMs? I'm just looking for
> something that does the job, looking nice would be an added benefit but
> I doubt I'll have a high color depth to play with anyway.

I configured 'fvwm2', which is lively and fine, even on that sad box.
Supposed to have some degree of KDE compatibility now, but I didn't test
that. Configuration is old-style by hand [i.e., text files], but I still
remembered a few basics of that. &6-)

Sorry - no advice on file managers.

 - John Mills