Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:46:13 +0200
From:      Vincent Vandalon <v.vandalon@student.tue.nl>
To:        Ron Ganzer <ganzman@ganzman.no-ip.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do i set window transparancy in fluxbox?

1)
First you must use one of the newer versions(0.92 or later... Im using
0.99). So use /usr/ports/x11-wm/fluxbox-devel instead of the fluxbox if
you want transparancy.

Secondly you must use a good backgroud-setting-ap(see second link!) as
background setter icm with fbsetbg. I recommend
feh(/usr/ports/graphics/feh/ , but that's up to you.
See here:
http://www.fluxbox.org/docs/en/faq.php#menualpha
And here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/fluxbox/fbsetbg.html

I don't think you can make any arbitrary window transparant, the
Fluxbox-graphics(menu, toolbar etc) can be made transparant. But for a
transparant terminal you will have to use aterm or eterm...and firefox i
don't know if it can be done. But if i am wrong please correct me!

2)
For the menu part, type >fluxbox-generate_menu -h for help
This will generate the menu (if you leave the -h out of course).
Remember it _will_ override the ~/.fluxbox/menu file, so if you already
tweaked it you will lose that. So in that case make a backup of that file