Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 14:33:59 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Alexander Kjeldaas <astor@guardian.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation detection of 3c589d

Alexander Kjeldaas scribbled this message on Jun 21:
> I've tried to install FreeBSD on a laptop which has a 3com 3c589d
> etherlink III adaptor. I've successfully booted linux on the machine and I
> _know_ that linux detects the card at address 0x300 and uses irc 3. The
> default freebsd installation disk uses irq 10 so I changed that to 3 just
> in case. I've never installed FreeBSD so I might have misunderstood
> something, but this is what I did.

ok... FreeBSD does support it, but 2.2.2-R was released before the modified
code to make the 3c589d was merged in... if you grab a copy off of
releng22.freebsd.org you will be able to get it working...

hope this helps...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD