Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:33:49 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/6124: Getting md5 to reset access times.

Actually, now that I read the man page for mount, it looks like
that mount -u should do what I want, but doesn't seem to. It starts
from a clean set of oprions every time, instead of those listed in
fstab (as claimed by the man page). Infact there is a comment in
mount.c that says we ignore the fstab options if it is an update.

	David.

10:22:graves 1# mount | fgrep /FreeBSD
/dev/sd0s1h on /FreeBSD (NFS exported, local, nodev, nosuid)
10:22:graves 2# mount -u -o async /FreeBSD
10:22:graves 3# mount | fgrep /FreeBSD
/dev/sd0s1h on /FreeBSD (asynchronous, NFS exported, local)
10:22:graves 4# mount -u /FreeBSD
10:23:graves 5# mount | fgrep /FreeBSD
/dev/sd0s1h on /FreeBSD (NFS exported, local)
10:23:graves 6# mount -u -o nodev,nosuid /FreeBSD
10:23:graves 7# mount | fgrep /FreeBSD
/dev/sd0s1h on /FreeBSD (NFS exported, local, nodev, nosuid)
10:23:graves 7# fgrep /FreeBSD /etc/fstab
/dev/sd0s1h			/FreeBSD	ufs	rw,nosuid,nodev	1 1