Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:22:20 -0200
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   newsyslog.conf error on latest stable?

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 05:00:00PM -0000, Cron Daemon wrote:
> newsyslog: malformed at:
> /var/log/monthly.log                  640  12    *    $M1D0 Z

	I've been getting this lately.

	I think this is pretty unusual since this file is identical
(a copy actually) to the one in the -STABLE repository. And, yes,
I am running a compatible -STABLE built as of Sep 27. I did my
normal single user

% make KERNEL=LIOUX world buildkernel installkernel
% mergemaster

	I am running:

FreeBSD Here.here 4.1.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE #13: Sat Sep 30 2 0:08:23 BRT 2000 lioux@Here.here:/usr/src/sys/compile/LIOUX  i386

	The worst thing is that I do not see anything wrong with
that line. At least according the examples on newsyslog(8). Odd.

ps: I hope this is not a dumb mistake on my part.

--
Mario S. F. Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )