Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:18:33 -0500
From:      sohel <sohel@southwind.net>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NE2000 network Card!!!

Hi all,

I just got another machine and wants to install freebsd on it. Now i
have couple of NIC's lying around and want to use them on the machine
with freebsd. One is a generic NE2000 clone and the other is linksys
ether16 card. Now Would NE2000 cards work with freebsd? How can i set
them up? Do i need to compile a new kernel? Can i pass some parameters
at boot time? Is there anything special i can do at the time of
installation so that the Nic can be recognized?

Also is it possible to use SAMBA on FreeBsd so that i can see files on
win95+NT machines on a network? I know some of my friends use
linux+Samba and integrated their machine with win95+NT. Can i do the
same on Freebsd?

Umm also i want to run Xwindows on Win95/NT machine and want the Freebsd
machine to act as host. Can someone point me to the right
direction/ftp/website/list for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for all your info.

Best,

sohel