Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:55:31 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Litvin Alexander B." <archer@cmr.kiev.ua>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: forking program ?

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Mark Mayo wrote:

> I remember some time back someone posted a little piece of code that
> forked and allocated memory until the OS gave up.. and the same program
> appeared with an NT version (using CreateThread instead of fork()).
>
> I wanted to take a closer look at it, but it seems I can't find any
> mention of where to get it anywhere in  my mail folders.. :-(

I posted original message about forking program for FreeBSD 2.1.x. Now,
as I see, you have it already, as well as NT version.

I may add, that I tested the same program with 2.2-960801-SNAP - it
works "better" - it doesn't crash even with >500 processes, but (and it
was also noticed by J.Wunsch), after attempting to remove temporary
files (which program creates, but doesn't take care to remove), system
crashes with:

panic: vm_page_free: invalid wire count ...

:-?

Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to dig into problem.

Best regards!

--
Litvin Alexander                      <archer@cmr.kiev.ua>