Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:18:14 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strangeness with 4.0-S Part II

------
3Com 3c905C-TX 10/100
Linksys LNE100TX
Kingston 21143 Tulip 10/100
Netgear FA310TX 10/100

Whenever I use these cards @ 100base-T full duplex (although it's significantly less pronounced in the tulip) transferring a
7GB tarball (my test file) across a switched full-dupe network, I always end up with:

dc0: TX underrun -- increasing TX threshold
xl0: transmission error: 90
------
[ cut ]

Forgot to mention:

Intel P3-550 w/256MB PC133
ABIT BE6-II motherboard
ATI MACH64 PCI (*)
Kingston KNE100TX (Lan)
Linksys LNE100TX (Cablemodem)

There's absolutely no ISA cards in this machine. There is a 3Com/USR 56K external modem running off the onboard serial for my
incoming faxes and the printers are running off USB and parallel (onboard, both)

* Tried a AGP version of a ATI card (Rage128) but the TX underruns happened alot more often until I swapped it out with the
PCI version, this is leading me to believe there's perhaps a bus contention issue here.

Anyways, as before, if anyone has any ideas, please speak up.