Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:40:23 -0600
From:      "Long, Scott" <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        "'Bjarne Wichmann Petersen '" <mekanix@vip.cybercity.dk>, "'Jason Andresen '" <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        "'nicolai@petri.cc '" <nicolai@petri.cc>, "'freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org '" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: What is MTRR? ... and slow xine.

> I've got it working... somewhat now. The fix was to mount the disc at play
> the file through the path ('xine /cdrom/bla/bla.vob' instead of 'xine
> dvd://bla.vob').

Ideally you shouldn't need to specify the .vob at all, the autoplay function
should parse out the .ifo's for you.

> Now, why can't xine handle direct access to to the dvd-drive?
>
> Another issue I've got 2 movies (bot css-encrypted... I think). One plays
> fine but the other (The Matrix) freezes xine and plays nothing. Both R2.
> The drive should be without regionlock.

See my previous post.  Xine is far from perfect.  I've gotten it to play a
handful of movies, but it is still very buggy. People don't understand that
just because it compiles and works under Linux doesn't mean that it is
correct -or- well written. </rant>