Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:31:47 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Daemon's Advocate article

BSD has long enjoyed performance and stability advantages over Linux, but as
Grog remarks in the recent DA article, Linux is catching up.

Are there any areas where BSD will more than likely *always* have an
advantage over Linux?  I know licensing is one, and with the current global
economy downturn, that could become more significant in the IT sector.  But
other than that, what do we have that inherently holds a sustainable lead
over Linux?  Or will it simply always be a case of 'BSD is different, but
not necessarily better?'

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.