Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:49:46 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Igor Sysoev <is@rambler-co.ru>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMware3 + VMware4 support plans

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:

> > Uhh, not wanting to seem ungrateful for this tremendous (and much
> > anticipated) work or anything, but could we get the following patch (or
> > something functionally similar) from Igor committed at the same time?
> >
> > 	http://sysoev.ru/freebsd/patch.vn_cd.txt
> >
> > It's extremely useful for persuading VMWare to accept a mounted ISO
> > image as a real life CD-ROM. With this patch, VMWare just can't tell the
> > difference.
> > The patch doesn't include an updated man page - would a PR make it
> > easier?
>
> Yeah I guess so. Can you make a updated patch with manpage and file
> a PR ? I'll review it then and commit.

Here are two fragments for manpage. Please correct my English.

In DESCRIPTION section, switches:

----
                      figured before any swap is allocated by the system.
+
+             cdrom   emulate some CD-ROM ioctls enough to use
+                     VN device as CD-ROM device in VMware 2.

              follow  debug flow in the vn(4) driver.
----

In EXAMPLES section:

----
      you don't mind losing on every reboot.
+
+           vnconfig -s cdrom -c vn0c iso_image
+
+     Is an example of how to configure a file-backed VN device to use
+     as CD-ROM device in VMware 2.  Path to this CD-ROM device in
+     VMware 2 configuration is /dev/vn0c.

 SEE ALSO
----

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/