Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:03:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (FWD) Re: Progs linked against libstdc++ dead...

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

# > These are good questions, and I don't know enough yet about the issues
# > surrounding vtable thunks to answer them.
#
# I haven't had time to really dig into this yet.  Hopefully Saturday.  I'm
# about to revert the change until I can see what the problem is and what
# the upgrade issues will be.  EGCS 1.2 *should* be out in the July/Aug
# time frame.  Of course I will try to upgrade us to it (well 1.2.1 which I
# figure will quickly follow).  The EGCS maintainers are pushing to get
# vtable thunks working properly for 1.2.

They seem to work now, but I'll reserve the final judgement
for the experts. :-)

# Since the Linux config files specify DEFALUT_VTABLE_THUNKS=1, no one has
# posted a bug report related to them, there is an option to turn them off,
# and this *is* -CURRENT. I may just leave them turned on by default.
#
# Opinions?

I'd like to see them left on.

# --