Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:36:21 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        ctm-users@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: src-4

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

On Fri, 2007-Feb-02 09:52:32 -0600, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
>RELENG_4 seems to have reached its end of line.  I am contemplating=20
>closing src-4.  What do you people think?

When a reminder of the EOL was posted late last year, there were a
flurry of "we still need 4.x" messages.  Looking at the src-4 tree,
there is still some activity and this probably won't cease immediately.

>  (It is actually very little=20
>effort for me to keep it going,

In which case, I'd suggest leaving it going for 3-6 months and then
reviewing the situation.  If there's no longer any activity, then it
can be shutdown.

For anyone who needs 4.x, cvs-cur is always an alternative: Replicate
the CVS repository and check out your own 4.x tree.  Whilst this does
cost an extra ~3.5GB disk space, it's much easier to manage your own
local patches and you have ready access to more recent versions of the
source if you want/need to backport changes.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+--