Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:49:01 -0800
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   random reboots...

I haven't been able to track this down since the kernel won't panic.. but
with more recent kernels I've noticed:

* options NCP prevents the kernel from linking
* midi panics the system right after bootup

But the biggest problem seems to be the spontaneous rebooting.  At first I
thought it might have been related to the recently re-installed HPT366, no
such luck there.  Then I thought something in make world was causing
problems, nope.  It seems mainly to happen when I suspend a program.. I'll
just hit Ctrl-Z and the screen blanks, and I see the video card copyright
info, etc, etc.

The kernel that seems to work was built on Feb 18th, and the ones that
aren't are from as recently as March 13th.

- alex