Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      youshi10@u.washington.edu
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal for alleviating disk read / write time

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Ivan Voras wrote:

> Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
>>    Clarifications and comments are more than welcome. I really
>> appreciate it.
>
> Hmm, your requirements look more and more like a... database? :)
>
> [whistling away...]

I know. The only catch is that the last time I brought up databases it turned into a big discussion, where I got the following (paraphrased) opinions:

1. MySQL rules -- BDB sucks!
2. It'll be a cold day in %$#@ before SQL is included in the base system -- even SQL-Lite.
3. BDB isn't non-atomic and not stable.

Unless something more constructive is going to be discussed, I'm not going to pursue that semi-bikeshed topic again.

-Garrett