Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 96 10:38:29 -0400
From:      "James Housley" <housley@pr-comm.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        housley@pr-comm.com
Subject:   Problem with sio0

I have a Compaq Contura 430C laptop.  On boot I get a message:

sio0 not found at 0x3f8

The computers BIOS, DOS/Windoze and OS/2 all are able to find it at 0x3f8
with IRQ 4 and think it is a NS16550AF.  I modified
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sio.c to print the contents of the array "failures".
On boot all locations contained 0 except #5 and #8.

I would like to fix this problem.  I is there more testing I can do to help?
I tried ignoring, commented out, the lines that set #5 & 8.  That caused
"65 events on a device without a tp" (basically).

Thanks Jim.

 E-Mail: James E. Housley <housley@pr-comm.com> |  PGP Key: pub 1024/03983B4D
    WWW: www.servtech.com/public/pr-comm        |     7C F0 B5 BF 27 8B 92 FE