Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:28:58 -0300 (ADT)
From:      arthur <arthur@col.auracom.com>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Reference: Unix in 20-30 years

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

> I'm concerned also that when high-speed Internet access becomes viable for
> the public (via xDSL and related technologies) that BSD will be lagging behind
> Windows as far as drivers for the new 'modems' goes.  That could be a problem,
> and could cause me to drift back to Windows for a while until it's fixed.

... The only info I've gotten that I've found useful was talking to the
tech of the local cable co. here where I live, in regards to cable modems
he claimed that any system with a net card in it would work, so I'm really
looking forward to them getting that running, hopefully by the fall if
they do things right. I also noticed that he was more willing to talk to
me once he found out that I was using a unix varient, I wonder why that
is? :)

arthur@col.auracom.com

In a world without fences, is there a need for gates

--end--