Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:30:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svgalib?

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

 : I think I'm going to ask if Amancio would like to man Walnut Creek
 : CDROM's tech support lines for a month or something - I think he'd
 : find this experience very enlightening in the face of his "most people
 : shouldn't have any problems getting into X" statement. :-)

Don't worry, Amancio, I'm right behind you.  Once we get GLQuake ported
and running on the Voodoo and Voodoo Rush, we can start working on a thin
DirectX emulation layer, and then we'll show them all!  Bwahaahhaa!

But seriously though, given the number of people on these lists that can
tell you the model number of their motherboard and exact revision number
of their processor, I wouldn't have thought that knowing your video card
manufacturer would present such a challenge.  Even *I* can set up X in a
matter of minutes without burning down my house.  (Well, I can now.)

K.S.