Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 00:08:36 -0500
From:      max@maxie.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Setup

At 07:10 PM 1/16/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Can someone help me out on setting up PPP on FreeBSD.  I want to use the
>ppp thing instead if the pppd.  I have it so I can call from home, but I
>can only get to the localhost.  Not even to others in my domain.  Any
>ideas, or example configurations would be cool (ie.
>ppp.conf,ppp.linkup,ppp.secret files).  Thanks lots.

Did you enable IP forwarding? If you don't, you cannot pass packets between
the PPP interface and the ethernet. You'll need to use proxyarp too if you
want others to send packets back.

        I hope you read this here, Steve, I tried to send you e-mail on it
but your host says you don't exist. You might want to check your e-mail
address. :-)

  James Robertson
  Treetop Internet Services