Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:45:09 -0400
From:      Ken Lam <klam@awod.com>
To:        Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writing CD ROM - tools for FreeBSD?

At 02:54 PM 6/20/96 +0300, you wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> > Is there tools to write CD ROM using FreeBSD + some model of CD Writer
>> > hardware?
>>
>> Yep!  If you're running -current you can use Joerg's worm device,
>> just add an entry like so in your kernel config:

>But what is $1! In man wormcontrol it is cdrom.image . So I need some tool
>to make this image? Assuming I want to do a CD ROM for MS DOS, the image
>must contain some standard CD ROM file system DOS understands? (as you see
>I am not very familiar with CD ROM file systems, any pointers? in WWW?)

that is what Jordan's first script did.  I am assuming that the cd-fs
written is ISO9660 so that MSDOS could read it with no difficulties.

I assume that Jordan personally burns all the SNAP cdroms this way ;)

After all, I just checked a SNAP under a MS machine and a Macintosh and
both machines could read it.

-ken