Date:      05 Sep 1996 13:05:40 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> writes:

> 'Good Stuff' - Something which provably works better than the status quo
>                which in the end doesn't require more work out of 'me'.
>
> 'Wasted Time' - Spending time arguing and discussing the merits of
>                 something which 'would' be better than the status quo if
>                 it were implemented, but the process of making it better
>                 will require significant amount of work out of 'me'.

Hmm, I must admit that this thread has a certain amusement value. I
suspect that hackers is the more appropriate forum but there *should*
be a forum where hackers can just throw ideas around (even if they never
get implemented, there's a learning curve in just discussing things
that may lead to future development). Some people seem to feel they
*have* to get involved in discussions and then complain that they
never amount to anything.

Hey guys, if you think this thread is wasting your time *STOP READING
IT*, and let others discuss what they feel is important to them. Just
maybe, after ideas have been thrown around enough someone will
actually implement a prototype but at the moment this is all pointless
since we're not discussing technical issues at all, the dialog goes
something like

Q: I think the Make system is broken because it's lacking XYZ.