Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:30:49 -0600
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kristof@swissmail.org>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1 freezes randomly on G5

On 1/14/2013 9:45 PM, Justin Hibbits wrote:

> I actually had the same problem with a nearly identical machine, but
> less memory.  I think it may be a bad interrupt controller, and was
> planning to tackle interrupt routing for it, as I think MacOSX routes
> all non-IPI interrupts to core 0. I do have a 2.3GHz machine of the same
> family that runs FreeBSD perfectly, though, so my motivation is lacking
> right now.

Seems like pressing the "SMU reset" button helped, at least for now.
The computer is actually working quite well compared to what it used to be.

About the interrupt routing---was this going to be a software solution
(e.g. kernel driver)?  Is there a documentation about how all these
things work on a PPC?

-Krzysztof