Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:03:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kyle A.D. Mestery" <mestery@visi.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fibre Channel "Hardware" List...

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Andrei A. Dergatchev wrote:
>

> > Sorry for the confusion, I meant drives capable of 2 Gbit/s,
> > which the 2300 will supposingly support. My question was
> > that many enclosure support 1 Gbit/s, right ? So, I was
> > wondering have you heard about those which support 2 [Gbit/s] ?
>
> I've heard that Ancor has one. I think that Brocade has one too. I have had
> access as yet to neither.

It's true, we at Qlogic (formerly Ancor) do have a 2Gb switch in the
works. We demoed said switch at Comdex. It's pretty impressive watching
your data stream by at 198MB/second! Interestingly enough, said switch
runs Linux as the underlying OS (if I had been at Ancor 1 month before I
got here, we'd be running FreeBSD instead!)

--
Kyle Mestery / Qlogic Corporation \ mestery@visi.com / kyle.mestery@qlogic.com