Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:59:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: funny repair remark

> Ohmigod. You mean Solectron is the repair center for Toshiba, too?
> The one on "Knight Road" in Memphis? If so, that's another brand of
> laptop I will not buy.

I work for one of their competitors who will soon be building (maybe
repairing) NEC's desktops and laptops. I can tell you firsthand that
these companies don't pay well, and attract less than competent staff.

Sad. Solectron is #1 in the outsourcing field. My company is number 2. Be
glad they repaired the laptop at all. That tech probably had to go get
his supervisor to tell him how to use booteasy... :-)

---
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |