Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:02:13 +0200 (SAST)
From:      fingers <fingers@fingers.co.za>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   (probably stupid) question about onboard SoundBlaster

Hi all

Ok, I've unfortunately got an onboard sound card of sorts. According to
the bios, it's a "legacy SoundBlaster". Now I've tried reading varios
doc's, but most of them are outdated.

/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound.doc talks about:

Instructions on using audio on a FreeBSD 2.1 (or 2.0-current) system.

I've tried many variatios of my kernel config, some trying pcm and snd,
some trying sb0 and even the following which I found in the mailing list
archives:

<from very old mail>
controller      pnp0
controller      snd0
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388
</from very old mail>

but no matter what I get errors with a make, or something similar. If
anyone's using a GA-6VX7-4X Gigabyte motherboard. If anyone can point me
to some recent documentation that would still be relevant, or has some
suggestions, please let me know.

thanks

--Rob